News and Events
  • Maldives Boating Awards 2017 Concludes.
    05th December 2017

    Maldives Boating Awards, Initiated by Liveabord Association of Maldives (LAM) to recognize the strength of the boating industry and the services rendered by the service providers has come to a conclusion in an event held last night at the national art gallery. The event is managed by Unica pvt ltd


    A total of 25 companies competed this year and awards were presented to nominees in 20 different categories on various sector and standard basis. This year nominees for the award were judged based on two segments where 60% of the awardees were selected by a panal of judges with the remaining 40% based on online votes.

    The winners of this year’s Maldives Boating Awards 2017 were:

    Most Preferred Inboard Engine: Doosan Daewoo Engine- VAMCO.

    Most Preferred Outboard Engine: Yamaha-Aliya Investment.

    Best Fishing Safari: Dhinasha-Canopus Maldives.

    Best Dive Safari: Horizon 3-Blue Horizon.

    Best Crew Team: Marselia Star-Marselia Maldives.

    Best Surf Safari: Manta Cruise-Trip Concept.

    Dockyard/Slipway of the Year: Al Shaali Marine Maldives.

    Surf Guide of the Year: Ali Hushruan Ahmed (Kudda Ayya) - Manta Cruise.

    Best Liveaboard / Yacht Builder of the Year: Gulf Crafts Maldives.

    Best Built Liveaboard / Yacht of the Year: Gurahali-Voyages Maldives.

    Boat Equipment Supplier of the Year: VAMCO.

    Marine Engine Service Provider of the Year: Aliya Investment.

    Best Boat Design of the Year: Al Shaali Marine Maldives.

    Best Production Fibre Vessel of the Year (24-5m): Coast Craft 37-Al Shaali Marine Maldives.

    Best Production Fibre Vessel of the Year (40-15m): Island Hopper 50- Al Shaali Marine Maldives.

    Best Liveabord/Yacht Operator of the Year: Blue Horizon.

    Liveabord Captain of the Year: Mohamed Ali Captain of Dhinaasha-Canopus Maldives.

    Best Liveabord/Yacht Brand of the year: Voyages Maldives.

    Bunkering and Fuel Supplier of the Year: The Hawks.

    Most Preferred Marine Pain of the Year: Jotun-Colour bank.

    “There are now 144 sea vessels in the Maldives. The industry must now bring in more forms of business and expand upon the current services and as such financial organisations of the country must work to help the industry reach its maximum potential now more than ever” Said the Secretary General of Liveaboard Association of Maldives, Mohamed Ignaz speaking at the ceremony.

    Now on its third year The Maldives Boating Awards aims to encourage & raise service standards within the Maldivian Boating industry.

    Liveaboard Association of Maldives (LAM) is the Maldivian Associations representing the live boards, and been the voice of live boards since the formation of LAM in 2007.The Associations purpose is to help LAM  members grow their business successfully and sustainably and to help their clients and operators choose the appropriate company while selecting a cruising vacation in Maldives.

    UNICA is a dynamic and experienced team offering total solutions worldwide. The company’s services are available throughout the country to help governments, corporate, charity, organisations, NGOs, fairs, festivals, weddings, outdoor or indoor parties, islands and resorts. UNICA pride themselves on attention to detail and an Extreme Theme approach to quality presentation.
Liveaboard Association of Maldives | +960 330 0640 | admin@liveaboards.mv
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram