News and Events
  • The 4th Annual Maldives Boating Awards Gala Concludes Successfully
    23rd December 2018
    The 4th Annual Maldives Boating Awards Gala has come to a successful conclusion last Sunday at Dharubaaruge. 

    The event was attended by of top level executives from the leading companies of Maldives boating industry as well as top government officials including the Minister of Economic Development, Honourable Uz Fayyaz Ismail who graced the event with his presence as the Guest of Honour.

    Winners from 27 categories ranging from boat builders, liveaboards, marine industry suppliers, crew, captains and guides were selected and awarded at the event revealing the best of Marine Industry.

    In addition, it was also revealed at the event that the Liveaboard Association of Maldives (LAM) has become a national organisation with the name Liveaboard Association of Maldives (LAM) respectively changed to National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM).

    The winners for the award were judged based on two segments in which 60percent of the awardees were selected by a panel of judges with the remaining 40percent based on online and SMS votes.

    The winners of the Maldives Boating Awards 2018 were:

    • Best Liveaboard Operator of the Year: Voyages Maldives
    • Best Liveaboard Brand of the Year: Carpe Diem Maldives
    • Bunkering and Fuel Supplier of the Year: The Hawks
    • Best Liveaboard / Yacht Built: Leo Safari
    • Best Surf Safari: Horizon 2
    • Most Preferred Marine Equipment Supplier of the Year: D Blue Marine
    • Most Preferred Marine Pain of the Year, International Marine Paint, Seagull Marine
    • Most Preferred Outboard Marine Engine of the Year: Yamaha-Aliya Investment
    • Best Dive Safari: Sachika
    • Best Fishing Safari: Dolphin 1, Blue K Safari Maldives
    • Best Crew Team: Marselia Star
    • Captain of the Year: Captain Mohamed Naseer, Horizon 3
    • Best Boat Design of the Year: Scuba Spa Yang
    • Best Production Fibre Vessel of the Year (26-5ft): Conqueror 2400, Guarantee Fibreglass Fabrication  
    • Best Production Fibre Vessel of the Year (40-27ft): AS Cost Craft 7, Al Shaali Marine
    • Best Production Fibre Vessel of the Year (40-26m) Dive Craft Cruiser 53, Meq Boatyard
    • Marine Engineering Service Provider of the Year: VAM Co
    • Dockyard/Slipway of the Year: Al Shaali Marine Maldives
    • Best Liveaboard / Yacht Builder of the Year: Water Line Maldives
    • Liveaboard Travel Agent/Tour Operator of the Year: Maldives Holiday Collection
    • Most Preferred Main Marine Engine Brand of the Year: Yanmar
    • Most Preferred Marine Generator of the Year: Sole’ Diesel
    • Most Preferred Insurance Provider of the Year: Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives
    • Dive Guide of the Year: Mr. Fathuhullah Ahmed, Dune Maldives 
    • Surf Guide of the Year: Mr. Ahmed Mauroof, The Perfect Travel Group
    • Special Award for Marine Industry of the Year: Maldives Marine Expo
    • Boating Personality of the Year: Mr.Ismail Hameed

    Maldives Boating Awards was initiated by NBAM to recognise the strength of the boating industry and the services rendered by the service providers in 2014.

    National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM) is a national Maldivian organisation that represents the liveaboards of the country. Since its formation in 2007, NBAM has been the voice of liveaboards and has helped its members grow their business successfully and sustainably while also to helping their clients and operators choose the appropriate company while selecting a cruising vacation in the Maldives.

    Through the years NBAM has worked on the development of the industry while also engaging in promoting the industry by organising events such as Maldives Marine Expo, Maldives Boating Awards, Safety Campaign Stay Safe Afloat and many more.
Liveaboard Association of Maldives | +960 330 0640 | admin@liveaboards.mv
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram